fbctatumstuff

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I am putting the blame squarely upon my father for how my body feels tonight.  He knows this already since I told him yesterday.  We were supposed to do lots of yard work when I was growing up.  I have to admit that my efforts fell short more often than not.  There really is no one to blame but myself for those years.  But something did happen to me while mowing or doing other yard stuff.  Somehow it seems that the energy missing then is now in full bloom today.  My one task on Saturday was to wash off the front porch as part of graduation preparation.  I ended up doing far more than that.  I basically ended up gutting much of our flower beds which were being eaten up with weeds.  Bushes were cut back severely.  Trees received a good amount of pruning.  Weeds were ripped up at the roots.  I finally got to the porch washing after several hours of being in combat with the yard.  Have to admit that if feels like the yard won.

Moving around took much more effort than usual.  My dad is to blame as the lessons from my teenage years are on display now.  The lawn mower is used as often as rain allows.  Tearing up a flower bed to clean it out is something I learned along the way.  Every ache or pain felt today began years ago during my trial and error phase.  One thing leads to another now when working in the yard.  What is sad is how much may be left to finish.  Sleep does not come easy knowing there are weeds remaining.  My goal is to finish what little is left as soon as I can get my body moving again. 

We don't always realize what lessons we learn along the way.  It never crossed my mind in the growing up years that someday would be my turn for heavy duty yard work.  Now it is something that even is enjoyable to me.  Growth does that to you.  You may begin with some very painful times only to discover a greater joy in the end.  God may tell us things that seem hurtful to our ego.  Our feelings might even be hurt during those moments.  What we forget is that He sees us without any limits.  His vision is clear where ours tends to be blinded in various ways.  God knows full well what is good or what is bad in our life.  He may prune us back so more growth can occur.  Our very well managed world can go through upheaval while His word does its work.  We may not always like it but God does it for His eternal purpose. 

Being a mature believer requires an open attitude when God begins working in our life.  We cannot just mope along wishing for better days.  Real faith calls for us to allow God free reign in shaping our heart.  We will not blame Him for the mess.  We will be able to be a blessing to others because He sees us through.

Bro. Trey