fbctatumstuff

Sunday, March 25, 2012

There will sometime come a day when my promise to do better with writing will ring true.  I sat here tonight thinking last week had more posts than two or three.  You should know that my goal is to increase my time doing other work duties.  There is also the addition of more fatherhood stuff that demands my attention.  The point is that blog posting sometimes is second place in relation to the other things.  It is true that ideas do run short on occasion.  It is also true that time runs out in a day to finish all of my tasks.


This morning we talked about forgiveness.  Well, we tried to talk about it following my eleven hours yesterday outside at the track meet.  My voice was pretty shot after helping get races lined up or underway.  Seems to me that far too many churchgoers live content with putting up a good front.  We aim for being respectable in appearance more than being genuine.  Being forgiven is always God directed.  The heart longs for God's best again even after a large failure.  Our worse trait is the tendency to meander along in mediocrity.  God is kept at a distance to avoid getting to worked up about our faith.  We can use a healthy dose of forgiveness to keep us humble in the spiritual life.  Being forgiven is often much better than thinking we are perfect.


We turned our attention to evangelism in the evening time.  Southern Baptists are defined by this practice throughout our history.  It's one of those spiritual disciplines we lost over the last few decades.  Even our efforts to keep our theology biblical took a toll on our reaching out to others.  I fully realize that not every person has that natural gift of sharing their faith.  You should know that is not one of my strong suits either.  Lots of time passed in my search for my niche when it comes to talking faith to others.  Please be aware of my ongoing imperfections when it comes to evangelism.  But there is at least a comfort level with my efforts.  God does seem to enable those who can "close the deal" when it comes to evangelism.  I admire those people.  My best approach seems to be in building bridges with others.  Every person has some gift to allow them to do evangelism or play a part in God's work.  The only method that does not work is the one untried.


It was a good turn at the start of a new week.  Few things are better than having God push you into some new areas of thought.  It can only mean He has more in store for you should you remain open.  That's always a good thing.


Bro. Trey