fbctatumstuff

Monday, March 05, 2007

Spring Break is upon us. One day is behind us with the rest of the week to go. This time of the year our town can resemble a ghost town. We have people skiing in Colorado. There are some running away to other destinations. You can tell it is spring break since there are no traffic jams in Tatum. Every morning around 8:00 and every afternoon around 3:00 there will be actual traffic jams in our small community. One good thing about it is that the traffic can be good practice should anyone want to drive Nascar! All we have to worry about this week is the ongoing procession of oil field trucks along with the wood hauling vehicles. As for me, I am staying right here in Tatum this week. My role is to do like a single dad to keep a daughter and son entertained.

My wife is in the DFW area for job training. Of course the week selected for the training just happens to be spring break! It couldn't be a week where kids are in school. It just has to be a week where they have nothing but free time! Oh, I promise that those words are written with a smile. So far it is going fairly well. We are eating really good this week. Now, we are eating out a lot but we are eating good! We discovered that my son loves to dance on the dancing game in the mall arcade. It has the added bonus of exhausting him for bed later in the day. We got through the weekend in good shape. Now we just have to get through the next few days without going too crazy!

My hope is whoever you are that you can take opportunities to connect to others even when it comes at a bad time. These days are important to me since I will have time to connect with two of the most important people in my world. I would also hope that wherever you are that you can learn when interruptions are opportunities in disguise. My daughter and I planned to go skiing this week. Needless to say, those plans changed quickly when the job training went on the calendar. There was the usual frustration since we looked forward to getting to ski. However we had such a good time Saturday that any frustration is gone. God has a way of giving times to reconnect with others. Now we just have to take the opportunity when it is given.

Bro. Trey