fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Tomorrow is the big test it seems. It is my luck to endure a bone marrow biopsy in the morning. Let's hope they get everything right the first time. The details of the exam are a bit gruesome but they do not bother me. Either I have great faith all will go well or it is being foolish to overlook what will happen. Guess we will all know about noon tomorrow which description is accurate. I am holding out for the faith idea.

The main thing is that the doctor finds out what is or is not going on with my body. Many of my friends and family are praying for me to be well. I know that is a distinct possibility. As said here before, I do not discount an act of divine healing to be possible. Some may ask why would God allow a horrific diagnosis only to turn around and grant healing? Here is my best answer. I just do not know. My trust is in Him just because of who He is. On several occasions my brain has tried to wrestle with the whole good versus bad issue in the lives of others. On no occasion did my brain find a logical answer. Job probably had the best approach when he asked, "should we accept only good and not adversity from God?"

Let offer a suggestion to any who face difficult diagnosis. Do not go to the Internet so you can find optimism about your condition. I spent some time this evening looking at statistics and such for my illness. It is enough to make you almost give up before you get started. A few minutes researching for answers makes you wish that you never asked the question. It is true that I am now a statistic. It is also true that there is far more to life than that.

Real healing lies in the drawing near to God. Each of our bodies eventually give out. Now my hope is that it is later rather than sooner but it will happen. Hope is not in statistics or in trying to rationalize what God may want to do with a life. We will find hope by looking past all of the so called facts into the eternal reality we have in Jesus. Each day of living is a gift from God. Every life matters eternally to Him. It is not the absence of problems that makes life great. The issue is whether or not we are connected to Him. That is peace. That is peace no one can add to a statistic. It is a peace we cannot always wrap our minds around. So be it.

Bro. Trey