fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Let me say that I am breathing easier tonight.  My new doctor says my problem is a severe case of bronchial asthma.  I don't know what all this means but at least she gave me meds to deal with it.  Being a cancer survivor means you tend to worry a bit more whenever health issues crop up.  I do realize that using the word worry may not be acceptable in our faith but no other word came to mind.  Maybe the new treatments will take hold quickly.  It's been almost three months since all of this started.  My praying still desires God's best either by miracle or medicine.  I learned to not be picky about how God works.

Tomorrow is also the big day of Halloween.  Let me start with saying that I am no fan of evil, devils or how the holiday gets perverted by some.  We never let our kids dress up as demons or other evil things.  That includes not letting them dress up as deacons.  But it is also true that seeing young children dressed as a princess or a superhero is always fun.  It is one time during the year we can be silly without fear of much damage.  Don't look for me to wear a costume.  But you can be sure I will notice the kids who are enjoying their time.  Oh, you can also expect me to enjoy extra candy along the way.

My television hookup allowed me to watch the news from states directly affected by the hurricane today.  We got the live feeds from stations in the Northeast.  You would just have to live through something like that to imagine it.  No camera shot can adequately capture the devastation.  Some discount issues like weather patterns or climate change as liberal measures to change public policy.  I am not sure you can just ignore some of the things we see now.  It does stand to reason that the rapid increase of industry around the world would alter things some.  That does not mean my views are those who buy into global warming on the far left.  It just means we can think honestly about such issues without losing perspective.  I still believe in the divine control of our world no matter how we affect various factors.  I also believe in praying or doing all we can to help those in need.  These people are going to need tons of help to rebuild.

This time next week will be the end of the election cycle.  Every expert seems to hold a different opinion than the next.  I have no special or divine insight into any outcome.  I do know we can participate in the process as believers.  We can be informed and involved with candidates that reflect our values.  We need not apologize for voting that way.  Believers have every right to cast a ballot for the person who shares our views on issues.  So let us vote with confidence that God has the last word no matter what.  We can and should trust Him beyond our candidate.  Just remember our hope is in God not a political process.  Doing this ensures we win regardless of the outcome.

Bro. Trey