fbctatumstuff

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I did not realize it has been so long without posting here. My mind lost track of the days as the week rolls along. Anyway, today was the big reveal at the doctor's office. This is what we waited on during all the tests last week. The result is a mixed bag of the good and the bad. The bad is that there is indeed a disease lurking in my body. The good is that there are lots of ways to treat it. My emotions are still obviously in a bit of upheaval but the good outweighs the bad. That is where my focus is trying to remain.

We still have a doctor up at the Mayo Clinic who is reviewing the results for us. It may be that he finds other options for us. Let me suggest that no right thinking person consult the Internet for information. Far too much of it is depressing. But my reading tonight said that my illness is very treatable and not always life threatening. There are constant advances along with research with cancer that makes it much more bearable. Medically speaking, I am in good shape.

I have to confess to some anger along the way today. Mostly it is just irritating to consider going to all of this trouble now. Is there any anger at God? No. He is going to handle this just fine. Some people say that He does not give us more than we can handle. I stopped thinking that a few years ago. Why do we need faith if life is manageable? This is why my confidence in Him is not shaken. I am frustrated with the interruption but not at all with God.

Earlier today I just decided that I am going to live. Medical aspects of this cancer says that is a given. But my decision was much more driven from my gut or heart. It was part of a prayer. We all get this time while we are living. Some choose to invest it in the temporary. Some take the long view that there is far more to life than this. I do not look forward to the emotional up and downs that may head my way. But this person is choosing to stay here a long time. Life is still good. God is still great. That will not change no matter what.

Bro. Trey