fbctatumstuff

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Today was bone marrow biopsy day. It is not nearly as painful as some people describe. However, it is not something anyone wants to do on a regular basis. Maybe it is some type of test to see how tough you are. If you can stand the exam then you can handle anything else that comes your way. There really should be some type of medal for people who undergo the procedure. Maybe we can all get t-shirts to celebrate our achievement?

It all began with three women strangers staring at my bare backside. Now all are in the medical field but it is still a little challenging to consider. Maybe it was just me but it all seemed to go downhill when one of them inserted a very large needle into my bone. There really is not a lot of pain but it does feel peculiar. One problem occurred when the needle was close to the sciatic nerve along the right hip. My leg wanted to pull up involuntarily with every motion. I suggested that perhaps it would be better for the needle to move to another location. We then finished the test without much more fanfare.

My attitude is holding up these days. Part of that is that I just cannot imagine that my body might be sick. My weight even went up during the last week. False hope is surely something to be avoided. We may get horrible news next week. That is just reality. It is also true that the news may be far better than can be imagined. You will not hear me complain one bit if that is true. Whatever happens is going to be for a reason. That is not just a cliche. It is the truth.

God's best is not limited to the conditions of the moment. He cares for us in good times or in bad. He understands our life along with our doubts or faith. He does not make mistakes. We see life usually as just here and now. God's vision looks far past that. I trust Him to do good no matter what medical experts say. You can trust that He will provide limitless resources to us on the basis of His character. He remains our Shepherd so that we do not want for His help. We just need to find the humility to ask.

Bro. Trey