fbctatumstuff

Thursday, June 24, 2010

We are now 72 hours post chemotherapy. So far it is a huge success. There are no tummy troubles to report. There was not even a single wave of nausea. My plan was to stick to the stomach medicines exactly as prescribed. Food has been no trouble. The last three days were good times for exercise. It was nothing like the workouts prior to my diagnosis but maybe that will come later. Studies show repeatedly that exercising goes a long way to beating this disease. Yes, my heart is grateful to God for the experience so far. He is being so good to me with this. I am still a Dad and cant afford to be down for a long period of time. Thank you God for this miracle.

This does not mean that every round of treatment will have the same results. Some comments that I read say that the effects can get more pronounced as we move forward. One bad thing about that is my next round should come as we begin Vacation Bible School here. My intent is to keep the same pattern of rest and medication following the therapy. Maybe having two more weeks to exercise will also aid in fighting off the unwanted moments. My schedule is moving slower than usual. That may not sound possible but I want my body to have every opportunity to heal. This is a long marathon of treatment where all I can do is what I can do.

Lots of people talk about fighting the disease of cancer. It isn't clear to me this early in the journey if that is where I am. Can anyone really fight something so complex? Again, my early opinion is that the best that I can do to fight this is to take care of myself. The medicines that run through my body do most of the heavy lifting. My part is to rest if needed. I can eat right when the time comes. I can exercise to keep the body moving. This obviously leaves out the spiritual aspects of keeping it all together. It seems to me that the best decision is to pray and look to God to do His part.

My heart truly believes that this disease can be beaten. I cannot do it by myself. My prayer is for God to get the credit by doing wonderful things now. My life needs Him not just for an illness but for every area. The God who forgives sin can restore to spiritual health. He is also the God who can totally heal me. This is not something to demand. It isn't even something for making bargains with Him. All I know to do is to keep giving all of this back to Him. After all, where else does life belong?

Bro. Trey