fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Got my new body part added today. Had a device implanted for upcoming treatment. Was an easy thing to do. Mostly I just laid there while they did all the work. I even got to avoid the being put to sleep thing so there was no problem eating afterward. There will be adjustments to be made over the next week or so. It is a good thing to avoid getting the area wet so it looks like part bath and part rinse for awhile. We will return back to normal once the area heals over. Maybe it is best to say we will return to as normal as it will get.

My hope is that before long we can write about other things than what ails me. I think that I am quickly approaching information overload. The Internet can be a source of excellent stuff to guide you in any area of life. It can also confuse, depress, and generally irritate you. There are indeed some people who believe anything on the web these days. Some even take every email as a source of divine truth. My suggestion is to take more than you would imagine with a grain of salt. Sometimes it is possible to read too much on any one topic.

My illness is mine alone. There really is no one person who can give any prognosis on what may or may not happen. Let's be honest. God alone knows the number of our days. When you look to information, or science, or doctors for guidance you may end up disappointed. This is not some pop psychology or clever thinking. It really is the truth. Most of my reading lately takes place in the Psalms. Many years ago, David will remind us that real eternal counsel comes from God. This is what works for me.

I hate the thought of struggling emotionally or spiritually along the way in this journey. People around me deserve better than any dwelling on this situation. My real hope is to get past all of this testing and treatment to return to just living. It's a given that things will never be the normal that they were. The good news is that it can be an even better normal. All of our earthly trials will come to an end at some point. What we will have left is the truth we gained along the way. That is the good news of the day.

Bro. Trey